Who requires Hunter Education in Yukon?
Minimum Age Requirements
- There are no minimum age requirements for obtaining a Small Game license in the Yukon.
- Both Residents and Non-Residents must be 12 years of age or older to hunt Big Game. All hunters under 16 are required to be accompanied by a person 19 years of age or older who holds a valid Yukon hunting license or who is a licensed guide with a licensed Yukon outfitter.
- Resident Big Game hunters between 12 and 14 years of age must use the seal of their accompanying hunter.
- Resident Big Game hunters between 14 and 16 years of age must obtain their own seals.
- Non-Resident Big Game hunters between 12 and 16 years of age must obtain their own seals.
Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)
Individuals wishing to challenge the exam may do so provided that:
- They are a Yukon Resident as defined by the current Wildlife Regulations.
- They were born prior to April 1, 1987.
- They are the current holder of a valid Canadian Firearms Possession and Acquisition License.
- They have held a hunting License in the Yukon for a minimum of five years.
- They have not been convicted of any Hunting- related violations in the past five years.
Only one chance at challenging the exam will be permitted.
Online Training Available?
For information about courses contact:
Hunter Education Outreach Officer
Yukon Department of Environment
Box 2703 (V-18)
Hunter Education Program Website:
Government Department responsible for hunting:
Yukon Department of Environment: www.env.gov.yk.ca
NGOs related to hunting: